Sunday, June 03, 2007

Zoo

This weekend, Mommy and Daddy and I drove all the way to Providence to visit the animals at the Roger Williams Park Zoo. Alexandra and her parents came with us. I saw lots of new animals I'd never seen in real life before. I read up ahead of time so I could correctly identify them. Sometimes the grown-ups would get too slow and Alex and I would have to remind them that there were "more animals" up ahead.

Here is the great, big elephant with some plants in the way. I think Mommy was trying to take an artistic shot or something.


Alexandra and me (and our dads) watching the elephants.


Still pretty enthralled with the elephants.


The giraffes were inside in the morning because it was a bit too cold for them outside. Later in the day, we saw them outside and wow are they tall! This is the zoo's new baby giraffe with his mommy. He was just born last month and they said he was 6 feet tall and 125 pounds when he was born. Even I wasn't that big!


There was a petting zoo with bunnies, cows, chickens, goats and sheep. You can see part of the sheep in this picture. I liked these sheep much better than the loud "scary sheep" I am used to seeing at Great Brook Farm. I went right up to pet him and thought it was pretty funny.


Laughing at the crazy monkeys.


Petting the big dog statue.


Okay, Mom, I will humor you and look at the camera. But just this once. And I won't smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have all the fun! Another thrilling day in the life of Ben. Monkeys are really funny and entertaining.
Such a lucky little guy.

We love you, Grammy and Pa Pa