Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A pavement

I have lots of questions. In fact, I can regularly be heard saying "I have a question". Sometimes I would follow this up with a question and sometimes with a mere statement.

For example:
Me: "Daddy, I have a question."
Daddy: "What's your question, Ben?"
Me: "My favorite donut is chocolate".

So, Daddy tried to explain to me the difference between a question and a statement. He told me that a question is when you have to ask something and a statement is when you just have to say something.

The following morning:

Me: "Mommy, I have a pavement"
Mommy: "You have what?"
Me: "I have a pavement"
Mommy: "a pavement?"
Me: "Yeah, a pavement is when you have to say something"
Mommy: "You mean a statement?"
Me: "Yeah, a statement. I have a statement"
Mommy: "Okay, what's your statement?"
Me: "Can I have another waffle?"

I am working on it.

3 comments:

GGma said...

Ben, you are a wonder. Mommy need to get these written down. It would be a fun book....

Waiting to see you soon.
Love you,
GGma

Grammy said...

Benisms, pricless

Grammy said...

What happen to my "e"???